Interview: Professor Mike McGuirk on How Brandwatch For Students is Used in His Classroom
By Olivia SwainSep 6
We’re fortunate to have a team of very smart people behind Brandwatch. As you can imagine, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes here to gather, analyse and present the data you see in the webapp.
So to fill you in on what some of them are up to and how they are aiding our constant strive to provide the best social media monitoring solution possible, we held a series of interviews with some of the staff. Over the coming weeks we’ll be publishing these on the blog, so keep an eye out!
1. Dr. Xinglong Wang – NLP Research & Development
Xinglong heads up our Analysis team. Here we ask him a series of questions about how Brandwatch approaches sentiment analysis and natural language processing (NLP) and what challenges there are to getting it right:
1. What is sentiment analysis? (00:38)
2. How can a computer understand human language? (01:06)
3. What makes it difficult? (02:11)
4. How does Brandwatch do sentiment analysis? (03:34)
5. What are the strengths of Brandwatch’s approach to sentiment analysis? (04:13)