Interview: MyHealthTeam’s Director of Research Beth Schneider on Using Brandwatch’s Data Upload API to Analyze 250,000 Data Points
By Gemma JoyceAug 13
We’re fortunate to have a team of very smart people behind Brandwatch. As you can imagine, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes here to gather, analyse and present the data data you see in the webapp.
So to fill you in on what some of them are up to and how they are aiding our constant strive to provide the best social media monitoring solution possible, we held a series of interviews with some of the staff. Following our first interview with Xinglong about sentiment analysis and NLP, here’s number two of the series!
2. Dr. Tim Owen – Head of Backend Development
Tim heads up our team of backend developers. We asked Tim several questions about how Brandwatch gathers data from the web, what makes that approach unique and why it benefits our clients:
1. Where does the data in Brandwatch come from? (00:28)
2. How do Brandwatch’s crawlers know where to look? (01:07)
3. How much data does Brandwatch store? (01:52)
4. Where is all the data stored? (02:13)
5. How far back does Brandwatch have data from? (02:53)
6. How does Brandwatch crawl Facebook? (03:13)
7. What are the benefits of Brandwatch’s crawling flexibility? (04:03)