Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading social media monitoring applications. We help customers from all across the globe discover, understand and respond to comments made about them on the web in real time.
We require a Community Manager to be based in our US (New York) office. You will represent the company online and engage with customers and relevant parties in social media spaces in order to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to the US website.
You will also manage the content in company marketing channels including the website, blog and email marketing campaigns, ensuring all brand content is leveraged and adapted to the US market.
You will be an avid user of social media who is constantly on the pulse with recent developments, trends and tools. You will understand how to use social networks, social bookmarking, syndication sites, RSS feeds, blog directories and more to:
- Stay on top of what’s happening online
- Grow the local community and promote the brand
- Promote and seed Brandwatch content
- Build relationships with authority networks
As you will become the lead writer of the US company blog, you will also be an excellent writer with attention to detail and strong creativity.
As part of a global team, you will work closely with the head office team in the UK to ensure consistency and collaboration across all activities.
The ideal candidate’s background will entail either:
- Between 1-2 years direct experience in Community Management and social media for business or;
- Experience in a similar marketing role and heavy engagement with social media (especially Twitter and blogging)
- Develop and manage social media channels key to the US (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ etc)
- Maintain the US company blog (in liason with the central UK based marketing team)
- Manage content on the US company site to ensure relevance to US market
- Develop and manage content for US specific email marketing activity
- Daily writing for company blog – focusing on social media for business and how social media is affecting marketing/consumer research
- Representing Brandwatch in relevant discussions on Linkedin/Quora and industry blogs
- Reciprocal guest-posting/networking with individual and industry blogs
- Represent Brandwatch US on Twitter (using company profile) to engage with current customers and reach out to new communities; to be done in collaboration with UK community manager
- Identifying indirect leads and passing to the Sales team, tracking of all leads
- Setting up and managing blog syndication with external US websites
- Provide ongoing reports on key performance metrics to the UK central marketing team
- Establishing relationships with bloggers and social media influencers in the US
- Work as part of the Brandwatch global marketing team to ensure brand consistency is delivered in the US and all opportunities are leveraged for maximum efficiency.
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills – ability to write and communicate in an engaging way which reflects Brandwatch’s branding whilst adhering to social media etiquette
- Experience with WordPress CMS and fast to pick up new software (you will need to use Brandwatch for blogging)
- Understanding of cutting edge social and digital strategy
- Interest in and awareness of marketing/PR concepts at a broader level (consumer research, campaign-tracking, social media marketing, reputation management etc)
Suggested salary: $40 – $50k depending on experience
If you would like to apply for this position then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org