Search the Blog
All our latest data stories and insights straight to your inbox
You’re now subscribed to the
Brandwatch React newsletter.
Find it in your inbox every
Guidelines: Submitting an Article for the Brandwatch Blog Community
As a potential guest contributor to the Brandwatch Blog, you might like a little extra information on what types of articles we like to publish, and how to submit a pitch.
Although these guidelines are flexible, they contain some guiding principles that have been known to work for us and will ensure that your contribution is in line with our other articles.
What’s in it for you?
- Our articles are enjoyed by over 200,000 readers a month
- Have your work promoted to an engaged community of over 70,000 Twitter followers
- Have the opportunity to be featured in the Knowledge Newsletter, subscribed to by some of the world’s biggest brands and agencies.
What we like to see in a guest contribution
- Length: Ideally between 500 – 900 words. Our readers are likely to want to focus on one subject at a short period of time, but short doesn’t mean less – it may only take a few sentences to make your point.
- Topics: Like a good news article, we’d like to publish stories, clear advice, takeaways, reviews, how-to tips or bold ideas that are worth sharing. We prefer to post thought-leadership pieces over the obvious.
- Audience: Our readers are looking for advice and insights on social media marketing, monitoring, analytics, advertising, PR, customer service, trends, and leadership – not basic advice such as ‘how to set up a Facebook page for your business.’
- Unique content: Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Images: Articles with images generate way more views. With image-based social media sites like Instagram and Pinterest fast becoming routes to success, any blog posts that don’t have a photo can’t be shared on these sites, so make sure to include a few.
- Links: Links in your article should offer value to the reader. In compliance with Google’s guidelines for guest blogging, articles that are clearly intended as a link building scheme will be rejected. We do not accept promotional or sponsored articles. Links to harmful, deceptive, irrelevant or ‘spammy’ websites will be removed.
- Attribution: Please include attribution for any data, quotes and/or images used in your article.
When first making contact, please don’t send a completed article.
Instead, write a short pitch that explains what you would like to write about and why it would be interesting to our readers. Include an example of the article headline and be ready to share examples of previous articles you have written on a similar topic.
If we like the idea, we will require a 20 – 30 word bio. A recent headshot and your Twitter handle will be displayed alongside your blog post, so please make sure you include those too (no URLs allowed in the bio).
Please send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.