Search the Blog
All our latest data stories and insights straight to your inbox
You’re now subscribed to the
Brandwatch React newsletter.
Find it in your inbox every
Introducing Minute-by-Minute Charting for a Better Understanding of the Moments That Matter Product
We all know that billions of conversations take place online everyday, and that analysing those conversations can provide insight into what’s causing buzz.
But imagine being able to understand that buzz on a moment-by-moment basis – to understand the exact moments, down to the minute, causing peaks in conversation, topic and sentiment changes, and surfacing new audiences to engage with.
Now, for the first time, you can do just that with minute-by-minute charting in Brandwatch.
As well as minute-by-minute charting, we’ve also added some other super useful time-analysis features:
- See only data and analysis from specific time periods of interest by filtering your components to a time slot – be it a minute, 10 minutes, an hour or more – as well as by a date range
- Understand the times of the day and days of the week when your audience are most active and engaged, with our new charting by ‘hour of day’ or ‘day of week’
Analysing broadcast campaigns and content
One of the key use cases for this feature is naturally TV and advertising – tracking and analysing buzz around specific TV shows, live events and advert slots.
Research shows that 61% of TV viewers are dual screening – using a tablet, phone or laptop whilst watching TV. As a brand, advertiser or broadcaster, that’s a huge opportunity to engage with a massive, engaged audience; taking advantage of this effectively means businesses can expect to increase brand perception by 39%.
It’s also a fantastic opportunity to discover what your audience really think – about the content of the show, the actors, storylines, product placements and even about the ads and brands shown in the breaks.
With these new features you can:
- Better plan future content by learning the exact moments that generate conversation and why, including the topics, demographics and sentiment of conversation
- Take advantage of real-time marketing opportunities by discovering the topics or TV shows generating the most conversation
- Optimise your scheduling and online content by discovering the times your target audience are most vocal and engaged online, by time of day and day of the week
- Monitor brand chat and analyse the impact of adverts on volumes and tone of brand conversation, including discovering how topics of conversation changed at specific times
- Identify influencers talking about an advert and engage with them in real-time to continue the conversation beyond the TV slot
To demonstrate, we’ve looked a bit more into using the features to analyse the impact of TV ads today in this post, all about a certain Christmas ad.
“Brandwatch’s new charting by minute feature has been a valuable addition to the service for NOW TV. Being able to track brand mentions as they happen and map these against our campaign activity has really added another layer to our social reporting capabilities”
– Joseph Storey, Social Media Executive, NOW TV
Uncovering a variety of use cases
Look out for more blog posts over the coming week to cover some of the many other use cases, including:
- Trend analysis – understand how a trend grew, where it started and how it has changed over time, either looking back or in real time, including sentiment, demographics and topics of conversation
- Community management – Community and campaign managers can discover when their audience or owned communities are most active and engaged online and therefore the best times to post content
- Real-time marketing – see which tweets, topics or ads are getting the most engagement (for example during a live event) to understand when the best times to engage are – and around which topics – to get the best response, and measure your activity’s impact
- Event or launch tracking – minute-by-minute analysis is a great way to understand which moments prompt discussion about a new launch or live event
“The charting by minute feature has been a great addition to our social listening software. To be able to get a snapshot immediately after a release has gone out what the general sentiment is, and be able to proactively jump onto areas & comments which have been prominent is brilliant for our targeting. It has saved us a lot of time, particularly with the plethora of social media channels we’re active on, and allows us to engage with those people who are important influencers, as well as our community easily and in a more streamlined way.”
– James Day, Social Media Specialist, Jagex
Want to know more?
For now, head over to this post to find out more about how you can use these new features for TV and advertising analysis.
If you’re a Brandwatch user and want to know more about where to find the features and how to use them, head over to the Help Center for some super simple user guides.
If you’re not a client but want to know more about this or any of our other features, get in touch.
Love this release or got a great idea for using it? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @brandwatch!
The best got better
Why not speak to one of our experts to find out how minute-by-minute charting can help you?Find out more