Welcome to the Friday#
This week in The Sizzle: Twitter raises $200m. In The Fri-Up, a week after its launch – we take a look at the social media data on the Nexus S. In The Sauce, do you present a dangerous distraction in your festive hat?
- Twitter raises $200m in funding
- Liverpool Daily Post’s Ben Hatton looks at the social media effect of James Naughtie’s Jeremy Hunt slip
- New facebook features revealed in accidental update
- Zuckerberg named Time Magazine’s man of the year….
- Fall of school girl killer Ruby Thomas via Facebook
Firstly, you’ve seen our great looking Brandwatch app – now we reveal the beauty of the Brandwatch team behind it! Meet the team here.
Last week at Le Web, Google launched the Nexus S. We’ve taken a look at its social media progress since.
The first interesting thing is that despite a sponsored Twitter feed, it’s the blogs that have gone crazy with the launch with Twitter lagging a little behind. This means there is a lot of opinion out there as well as the general passing around of press releases and news stories we associate with a big launch like this.
Fig 1. Nexus S by page type
So with so many blogging – we must have some kind of verdict on whether the phone makes the grade. If we filter out the neutral sentiment generated by press releases and news announcements we can take a snapshot of positive vs negative of those who expressed an opinion.
Fig 2. Nexus S by sentiment 11 – 17 December
So we see that the response was overwhelmingly positive.
So…. what’s wrong with it? Well, taking a look at the negative mentions, not much at all. The negative comments were actually directed towards retailers and copycats.
Now you know what to put on your last minute Christmas list.
- „Are you sure I’m not disturbing you?“
- Do you present a danger in your festive hat?
- The Apple Friend Bar – a bit too close to the bone?