This privacy statement addresses the personally identifiable information (“data”) that we collect and process about candidates in the Brandwatch recruitment process, for any of our global offices and corporate affiliates (“you” or “your”).
Sharing your data
- We are Runtime Collective Limited (trading as Brandwatch) (“we”, “us” or “Brandwatch”). Our registered office address is at Sovereign House, Church Street, 1st Floor, Brighton, BN1 1UJ, United Kingdom. Our company number is 03898053 and our VAT number 754 7507 10. For purposes of this privacy statement, references to “we” also include all of our subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable to the personal data those subsidiaries and affiliates may process about you.
- This privacy statement covers all data that you share with us and/or which we acquire or produce during your recruitment process. The specific data that we process ultimately depends on your recruitment, but it could include a variety of data which we set out below.
- If you apply for a role with us we will collect contact information about you such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information. We will also collect your resume or CV, cover letter, information about your work experience, educational information, transcripts, or other data that you provide to us in support of an application.
- If you make it through to an interview, we will collect data about your interview(s).
- We will usually collect basic information about the type of employment you are looking for, your compensation requirements, willingness to relocate for a role, or other job preferences.
- We may collect data about references and background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties. We may also collect data about any previous roles at Brandwatch that you have applied for or any previous Brandwatch employment history.
- We collect demographic information about you such as your gender, information about your citizenship or nationality, applicable medical or health information, or your racial origin.
- Using the data
- We process data about you for the purpose of carrying out our recruitment process, which includes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against our career opportunities and any roles that you applied for;
- verifying information that you submitted and carrying out any reference or background checks (as applicable), if we offer you a job;
- communicating with you about the recruitment process, including informing you of other potential opportunities with Brandwatch;
- making improvements to our recruitment process; and
- complying with applicable law or governmental or judicial requests.
- If you accept a role with us, some of the data that we collected as part of the recruitment process may become part of your employment record.
- We do not use your personal data to engage in automated decision making about you.
Accuracy, retention, security, and your rights
- We share data with our affiliates (meaning legal entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with us) as reasonably necessary.
- We may share your data with any Brandwatch employee who referred you to a role to let the employee know the outcome of the recruitment process. We may also share your data with anybody you used as a reference for your application.
- We may share your data with selected third parties, including our suppliers or sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to process data on our behalf. We may also be required to disclose your data with third parties such as local labour authorities, courts and tribunals, for the purpose of complying with applicable law.
- We may also disclose your data to other third parties. For example, if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets. Alternatively, if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your data may be part of the transferred assets.
- If any third-party processes any of your data on our behalf, we will ensure there are sufficient contractual and operational safeguards protecting your data.
- We will retain data about you for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to complete the recruitment process. Subject to data that we keep pursuant to applicable law or for record-keeping purposes, we typically delete your data 15 months after the date that you submitted an application for a role within Brandwatch.
- We may transfer your data to, and store it in, a country other than your own. That country may not provide the same level of data protection as your own country. Whenever we transfer your information outside of Europe, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data. If you are located in Europe, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your data and your privacy rights in these circumstances.
- The servers that store your data have appropriate administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
- You have a number of legal rights in your data under applicable data privacy law. Under applicable law you may:
To exercise any rights listed above, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed at the top of this document.
You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority about our processing of your data under this Privacy Statement. The appropriate supervisory authority is the data privacy regulator in which you live. Here is a list of relevant privacy regulators in the countries in which we operate:
- request access to the data that we have about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted, or blocked;
- request that we refrain from further use of any data we hold about you;
- if we ever process your data based on your consent, to revoke your consent at any time; or
- request to receive a machine-readable copy of the data you have provided to us.
Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Governing law and jurisdiction
||Data Protection Authority
||Information Commissioner’s Office
||Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés
||State Commissioners for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for the German states of Berlin and Baden-Wuerttemberg, as applicable
||Personal Data Protection Commission
||The Federal Trade Commission, as well as any applicable state authorities
- English law governs this privacy statement and any dispute or claim related to it. Each party agrees that the English courts have exclusive jurisdiction over this privacy statement and any dispute or claim related to it.
Last Updated 25 May 2018