Instagram has 150 million monthly active users, half of which log in every day.
What’s more, this very engaged community has spread across the world, with over 60% of Instagram users reside outside the USA.
But who are these users?
Nitrogram, an Instagram analytics platform, collected data about gender in the Instagram community. The most striking results were put into a simple infographic.
Here are few of its key findings:
Current Instagram Statistics
- 150 Million Monthly Active Users
- 16 Billion Photos Shared in total
- 1.2 Billion Likes and 55 Million Photos shared every day
Gender and Countries:
- South-East Asia and Russia show a strong adoption by women. Thailand is the most women-dominated country with 65% of women.
- Instagram is a man’s world in the Middle East and India. Saudi Arabia has 85% men!
- There are more men among top accounts (59% of Instagram users with over 10k followers are men)
- …but A-Listers are more equally split: 54% men vs 46% women among accounts with over 1 Million followers
What’s the audience for Instagram’s top brands?
- Top brands are followed by slightly more women than men (53% of top brands’ followers are women)
- Top brands with the “manliest” audience: Energy drinks and sports
- Top brands with the “most girly” audience: Cosmetics and fashion