Social listening is about much more than simply tracking social media conversations, but the discussion happening on social is often one of the most important components for many brands using monitoring tools.
With rapid, real-time conversation unfolding the moment events happen on an unprecedented scale, providing a reliable, robust platform that can keep track of what’s being said is critical.
Accordingly, we take coverage very seriously at Brandwatch, and we pride ourselves on staying up-to-date with the engineering demands of tracking social media data.
- As a Twitter Official Partner, we track all public tweets that match your search term(s), sometimes referred to as the ‘firehose’.
- With Brandwatch Hindsight, we can also provide 100% historical data right back to the very first Tweet in 2006.
- In-depth analysis of your own Twitter accounts, and those of your competitors’ via Brandwatch Channels.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+
- These networks limit the number of times we – and anyone else – can gather data from their sites. This means that neither we nor anyone else can claim 100% coverage for these networks.
- For Google+ and Reddit, our coverage includes public mentions that match your search term, including brand pages, groups/forum threads and unprotected profile pages
- For LinkedIn, we offer coverage of pages such as blogs and help forums, but we aren’t able to provide coverage of groups or profiles.
- For Facebook, we provide in-depth analysis and all comments, posts and replies on public brand pages, including those of your competitors’ via Brandwatch Channels.
Regional social networks
- We provide the best available coverage from international sources like RenRen, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo, Taringa and Xing.
- Our data always includes metadata, such as authors and sentiment, for deeper analysis.
- This data is searchable via all of our supported languages, including Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
Visual media and other sources
We also provide coverage for multimedia sites like Dailymotion, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Pinterest, Imgur and Flickr. For more information on our visual media coverage, as well as the data we provide from other sources like blogs, news and forums, visit our sources page.
Ready to see more?
See Brandwatch Analytics in action by booking a hassle-free demo.
If you have any questions about our features, please get in touch.